Articles on this Page
- 02/05/13--18:20: _RELEASE: Nwenna Kai...
- 02/06/13--22:49: _A simple approach t...
- 02/07/13--06:45: _A simple approach t...
- 02/09/13--11:38: _Water, avocados and...
- 02/10/13--09:00: _Making raw vegan fe...
- 02/10/13--22:25: _6 Earth friendly Va...
- 02/11/13--14:04: _Guest post: miracle...
- 02/12/13--19:20: _Russel James on lin...
- 02/13/13--18:53: _Is raw food conveni...
- 02/14/13--22:15: _How to make green s...
- 02/15/13--12:16: _What we can learn f...
- 02/19/13--18:19: _Raw family green sm...
- 02/20/13--17:31: _Dangers of a raw fo...
- 02/21/13--09:02: _What is a beegan?
- 02/22/13--07:45: _Leukemia, a side ef...
- 02/24/13--13:33: _Your products may b...
- 02/25/13--11:16: _Opening a coconut a...
- 03/01/13--09:49: _Vitamin K is for Ka...
- 03/01/13--16:35: _Which brands of can...
- 03/03/13--18:09: _Podcast: Learning a...
- 02/06/13--22:49: A simple approach to begin a healthier lifestyle – Part 1
- 02/07/13--06:45: A simple approach to begin a healthier lifestyle – Part 2
- 02/09/13--11:38: Water, avocados and vitamin b12
- 02/10/13--09:00: Making raw vegan fettuccine Alfredo with raw Blondies for dessert
- 02/10/13--22:25: 6 Earth friendly Valentine’s gift ideas for your green lover
- 02/11/13--14:04: Guest post: miracle of yoga and raw food
- 02/12/13--19:20: Russel James on line raw food courses 2013
- 02/13/13--18:53: Is raw food convenient?
- 02/14/13--22:15: How to make green smoothies
- 02/15/13--12:16: What we can learn from a rabbit in terms of healthy eating
- 02/19/13--18:19: Raw family green smoothies app
- 02/21/13--09:02: What is a beegan?
- 02/22/13--07:45: Leukemia, a side effect to cancer treatment?
- 02/24/13--13:33: Your products may be labelled organic, but are they 100% China free?
- 02/25/13--11:16: Opening a coconut at home
- 03/01/13--09:49: Vitamin K is for Kale – Kale vs. spinach nutrition facts
- 03/01/13--16:35: Which brands of canned foods are BPA free?
- 03/03/13--18:09: Podcast: Learning a new language – good for brain
Feb. 5, 2013 /RawFoodHealthWatch/ — Nwenna Kai announced a 7 day raw foods cleanse course that begins Sunday, February 10th, that will be delivered via live teleseminar, digital documents and daily emails. The accompanying digital guide includes 100 pages with raw food recipes, shopping lists & meal planners, pages for journaling and affirmations, nutritional information, [...]
This article you are reading includes the very words I tell family and friends when they say to me “I feel like crap, how can I get healthy?” They usually follow with “…but keep it simple.” So, here it is, a simple approach to begin a healthier lifestyle, from my family to yours. Let’s start [...]
This is a continuation from a post that I published late last night, which can be viewed here. I like the idea of green smoothies immensely… First, they are convenient once you get a routine down. Also, they are a great way to sneak lots of greens in, in an often delicious way. They can [...]
Drinking more water is a great start to a natural health lifestyle. My youngest sister and I are the same in very many ways. We confide in eachother, and a lot of times have realized we have or had the same struggles as each other in life, and within the conversations often sort out ways [...]
In this post we have a few videos documenting our raw meal one evening which consisted of raw vegan fettuccine Alfredo, and to follow, the popular raw food cookies: raw blondies. The fettuccine literally smells like the real thing. I’ve had it a couple times before, and I was more patient with it and let [...]
You’re a conscious lover and an Earth-friendly one at that. In the spirit of love, today we’ve compiled a list of green, Earth-friendly gift ideas for Valentine’s day, or anytime really. Get your sweetheart something this year that shows your softer environmentally friendly side. Your purchases may save a child, save the rainforest, plant a [...]
by Christian Leeby There are two basic ingredients to good health; exercise and diet. If you eat unhealthy food you’re making your body work extra hard to assimilate what little nutrition is available, but you’re also forcing the body to use energy to cleanse and detoxify the impurities. There’s simply nothing more important than what [...]
Russell James, “the raw chef” discovered raw food in 2004 when he was 28 years old. He was in Koh Samui in Thailand performing a cleanse to clear up a skin condition that had been ailing him. The health benefits, creativity and vibrancy of raw food got him excited and drove him to where is [...]
When looking through the comments on blogs and Facebook pages related to raw foods, there were a great number of people that were talking about how they would consume more raw food meals, if only they were more convenient. It made me think, is raw food convenient? I always considered it to be, but at [...]
The process for making green smoothies is very simple. The hardest part is cleaning the blender, but even that gets to be routine, habitual and easy after doing it long enough. Don’t be like my dad, actually take it apart completely when cleaning it! Now, depending on the width of the bottom of the smoothie [...]
This year, for Christmas, we rescued a rabbit from the local humane society. Not knowing a great deal about rabbits, during my shopping trip before picking up the rabbit from the humane society, I grabbed 3 rabbit books and a magazine. Taking cues from the pet store employee on what to feed the rabbit, I [...]
I discussed how to prepare green smoothies in a recent post, and today I’d like to talk about the green smoothie app by the Raw Family (Victoria, Sergei, and Valya Boutenko). The Raw Family suffered from a variety of illnesses, but after discovering raw food and an overall “green” lifestyle, they essentially “reversed the irreversible” [...]
Something that one would not expect from a person that has been nearly preaching the raw food diet for the last several years, and that has been 100% raw himself for more than a decade, Matt Monarch’s latest video discusses the dangers of a raw foods diet. The video below is part two of a [...]
In this article we talk about what a beegan is, but first, a quick message on the importance of bees. Importance of bees The video below is a couple years old (from 2008) but still conveys a great message. It’s nice to see a positive cartoon that educates children (and adults) on important topics, and [...]
According to a recent study published this month in the Journal of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), treatment-related leukemia remains as a potential side effect for many cancer patients who have received standard chemotherapy treatment. “In the course of improving interventions and survival rates in many types of cancer, we have learned that certain [...]
Over the years, “made in China,” I was taught was a labeling we needed to avoid. If it’s not for the reason that we can get a similar product that was made 100% locally, including all raw materials, it was because, I was told, coming from China, it was a safe assumption that the materials [...]
There are numerous health benefits of coconut that have been covered time in again, but the reason you are here, my guess is, to ‘crack that nut’ so to speak, so that you can reap those benefits. There are many ways to open a coconut, and many people suggest opening a coconut with a drill, [...]
Below is an infographic to compare nutritional value between kale and spinach. Worth noting is the mass amount of Vitamin K present in the kale. What is vitamin K? According to Wikipedia, Vitamin K is defined as: Vitamin K is a group of structurally similar, fat-soluble vitamins that are needed for the posttranslational modification of [...]
BPA, or bisphenol A, is a common hormone-disrupting chemical that can found in the plastic of a water bottle, inside the lining of a food or soup can, in the material used to make cash register receipts, as well as in some of the plastic containers commonly used to store/reheat leftover food. Canned food brands [...]
In a similar way to when a right handed person learns to use their “south-paw,” and certain areas of the brain begin to grow (according to some studies), learning a new language is said to do the same thing. In a research program, published in the journal NeuroImage, studying the brains of students in the [...]